CBC will always attempt to resolve any complaint at local level with the surveyor or manager concerned. Should this not be possible:
- The complainant can contact the Commercial Manager, Alison Trimmer, by e-mailing: [email protected], telephone 07494 745642 or explain the complaint in writing to Alison Trimmer, Compliance Building Control, Ashdown House, Crowborough Road, Duddleswell, East Sussex, TN22 3JA.
- Alison will collate the facts and circumstances associated with the complaint and provide an initial response to the complainant within 5 working days of the complaint being referred under this procedure.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome following investigation and response by CBC they will be provided with a copy of Section 3 of the “Code of Conduct for Approved Inspectors and Disciplinary Procedures” as issued by the Construction Industry Council Approved Inspector Register, (CICAIR).
- The complainant has the opportunity to pursue the complaint by referring the matter to CICAIR at 26 Store Street, London, WC1E 7BT.
- The decision of the CICAIR shall be final and binding on the parties involved.